Alliance & Expertise
Hotel Partners Africa is an alliance of three leading hospitality consultancies, with considerable expertise throughout Africa: W Hospitality Group, Hotel Spec and Leisure Property Services; between them, they have:
- Won Ai Tourism Investment Advisor of the Year in 2008 and 2011
- Produced several reports on the prospects for hospitality investment in Africa
- Arranged finance for dozens of hospitality projects
- Advised on every aspect of hotel design, development and operation
- Advised on every aspect of hotel ownership for a wide range of property owners
- Valued and sold numerous hotels
- Satisfied clients including Auspex Properties, Barclays, Beneficial
- Life, Crowne Plaza, DEG, Kingdom Hotel Investments, Hilton, HSBC, IDC, IFC, InterContinental, Marriott, NAMA, Old Mutual, Park Plaza, Premier Inn, Opulent, Carlson Rezidor, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sonarwa IG, Starwood and Standard Life, amongst many others
- Provided top level management and other human capital to many organisations in sub-Saharan Africa.
This collaboration was a natural evolution of the founding partners, Mark Martinovic, Trevor Ward and David Harper, working together for many years, and the requirement of existing and future clients for a complete turn-key solution. In 2014 the founding partners decided to include human capital in the services provided, bringing Elevation Personnel into the fold, and by signing an agreement with CVT International Consultancy, established a representative office in Addis Ababa.
In the complex world of hotel development and management, where a client’s specific needs must be balanced with all the processes and requirements to satisfy funders, manage risk, oversee cost efficient and fit-for-purpose construction, contract negotiation with operators, asset management, valuations, sales and acquisitions, Africa has conspicuously lacked a professional and integrated complete-solutions provider with integrity, experience and a proven track record to provide a seamless service throughout the lifecycle of a hotel project.
In creating this one-stop shop, Hotel Partners Africa has established a highly proactive team to build long-standing relationships with major players, particularly branded chains, developers, fund managers and property owners.